Brand: Window Garden
- CONVENIENT – Designed to be used with Window Garden Multi-Use Planter Tray. Premeasured Fiber Soil and seed, enough for 3 crops. You get everything you need in a small, easy to store 6” x 4” box. No lugging heavy, messy bags of soil, no weighing out tiny seeds.
- EASY – Just hydrate one Fiber Soil disk in the Multi- Use Planter Tray, spread one packet of seed, place near a window then mist and water for about 10 -15 days and they’re ready to clip and eat!
- NUTRITIOUS – There’s no quicker, easier and more convenient way to get a nutrient packed meal. In fact, it’s been recently discovered that Microgreens have up to 40 times more nutrients than adult vegetables.
- GREAT FOR KIDS – Introduce kids to growing food, teaches them about nutrition and responsibility. The rewards are quick and fascinating.
- GOURMET – Used by top chefs around the world, now you can add a nutrient packed garnish with a unique taste and colorful appeal to any dish. It’s a great topping for salads, sandwiches or soups. Sun Flower Microgreens have a delicious rich nutty flavor. Each packet contains 1.3 oz. of organic black oil sunflower seed.
What are Microgreens?They're baby veggie shoots grown from seed for about 10 days near a window, clipped and eaten fresh. These sassy little seedlings add a burst of intense flavors, vivid colors and crisp textures that transform any meal into a nutrient-packed gourmet experience.
They're good for you! Microgreens are small but mighty and pack a potent punch of nutrients that contribute to good health. The seed contains its own food supply that it uses to grow until it can manufacture it from soil, light and water. This stored food within the seed is responsible for its high nutrient content. In 2012, University of Maryland scientists discovered they contain 4 to 40 times more nutrients than mature veggies.
We don't always get the nutrition we need in the food that we eat. In fact, it's questionable what the nutrient content is in what we think is nutritious, or even if our food is non-GMO or pesticide free. That's why it's always best to grow your own. There's no easier, quicker or more nutrient packed way than growing Microgreens in your home year round with our unique Window Garden system.
It's time to boost your health with Microgreens. It's never been more elegant, fun or easier to do.
Variety Name: Sunflower Microgreens
Health Benefits: High in fiber, a complete protein (more than chicken), essential fatty acids, vitamins A, B complex, C, D and E, calcium, phosphorous, iron, iodine, potassium, magnesium and the trace elements zinc, manganese, copper and chromium, plus high amounts of lecithin and chlorophyll.
Taste: Crunchy leaves have a rich nutty flavor
Days to Harvest: 10 - 15 days
Uses: Snack on them raw or use with salads, sandwiches or soups. Also makes a very decorative garnish for any dish.
Now, Let's Get Growing!
Package Dimensions: 6.2 x 4.5 x 4.3 inches